Hoiio believes strongly that every person has the right to privacy. When accessing our website, services and/or products, you may be required to give us certain information. Hoiio asks for and maintains information on its visitors and customers to provide a better, more personal experience. This privacy statement describes the conduct and practices of Hoiio as it applies to all our clients and visitors.
1. User Information
1.1 Hoiio collects User Information when you use certain Hoiio solutions, products and/or services, when you visit our web pages or micro site web pages.
1.2 ”User Information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual or entity, including, but not limited to:
- (a) Identification data (for example, first and last name, email address, home, postal or other physical address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, telephone number, other contact information, title, birth date, gender, personal interests, other information needed to provide a service you requested;
- (b) Electronic identification data (for example, IP addresses, cookies phone information, country information and network information;
- (c) Payment related information;
- (d) Survey results;
- (e) Information about your usage of and interaction with the Hoiio website, solutions, products and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our websites;
- (f) Solutions, products and/or services ordered and delivered;
- (h) List of your contacts;
- (i) Your user profile including your username and password;
- (j) If you give us your username and password for other email accounts where you have provided this to us and requested us to search for your friends on Hoiio (Please note that Hoiio does not retain this information or use it for any other purpose);
- (k) Correspondence between you and Hoiio
- (l) Traffic data (data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of communications or the billing thereof, including, but not limited to, the duration of the call, the number calling and the number called);
- (m) Transaction data including without limitation, data relating to the consumption, top-up, expiry and transfer of credits;
- (n) Business financial information; and
- (o) Any content that is required by any applicable laws or regulatory authorities.
1.3 When you browse our website, you do so anonymously, unless you have previously indicated that you wish Hoiio to remember your login and password. We do not automatically collect User Information, including your email address. Like many other commercial website, the Hoiio website may use a standard technology called a "cookie" to collect information about how you use the site. Please go to "Cookies and Tracking Technology" below for more information.
1.6 When you install certain Hoiio mobile applications, you may be asked to provide your phone number and to allow us access to your address book. A copy of your address book will be stored on our servers and will be used strictly for the following purposes:
- (a) notify you when your contacts become active on Hoiio;
- (b) indicate which of your contacts are already Hoiio users;
- (c) correctly display the name of each contact as it appears in your address book when a call or SMS is received;
- (d) synchronize your contacts between various Hoiio applications to provide contacts suggestions when you need to make a call or send an SMS.
1.7 You may have the right to access and, if necessary, to rectify your User Information.
2.1 When User Information is collected, we will inform you at the point of collection the purpose for the collection.
2.2 Hoiio will not transfer User Information to third parties without your consent, except under the limited conditions described under the discussion entitled "Information Sharing and Disclosure" below.
2.3 If you choose to provide us with User Information, we may only transfer that information, within Hoiio or to Hoiio's third party service providers with your permission.
2.4 Upon receiving your permission, we may transfer your information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
3. Opt-Out Policy
- (a) clicking or checking the appropriate option or box at the point of collection; or
- (b) by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2 In some cases, when applicable, we will provide you with the opportunity to "opt in." This means we will require your affirmative action to indicate your consent before we use your information for purposes other than the purpose for which it was submitted.
3.4 You may also ask Hoiio and its group of companies to stop processing User Information. However, please note that this will most likely prevent you from using some or all of our solutions, products and/or services since Hoiio must use User Information in order to provide you with our solutions, products and/or services. You can exercise your right to prevent further processing of User Information by contacting Hoiio at email@example.com.
4. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
4.1 Hoiio automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser. Hoiio employs cookies in order for its server to recognize a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor’s IP address, and a visitor’s click stream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
4.2 Cookies are small text files placed in the 'Cookies' folder on a visitor's hard disk and allow for Hoiio to remember the visitor. The cookies placed by the Hoiio server are readable only by Hoiio, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on a computer. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if a visitor refuses the Hoiio cookie then Hoiio does not gather any information on that visitor.
4.3 Hoiio cannot and will not gather information about other sites the visitor has been on. At times, Hoiio may ask for more specific contact information to be entered as a means of registration before accessing a certain part of the site. Hoiio uses this information to understand its visitors and, with permission, to provide visitors with updates on the company and its solutions, products and/or services.
5. Information Usage
5.1 Our primary purpose in collecting User Information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. Hoiio collects and uses, or has third party service providers acting on Hoiio’s behalf collecting and using, User Information relating to you, as permitted or necessary to:
- (a) provide communication products, in particular to convey the communications you make by means of our solutions, products and/or services;
- (b) process transactions and payment for the purchase of credits;
- (c) offer or provide other solutions, products and/or services to you from time to time;
- (d) provide you with customer support and troubleshoot problems;
- (e) compare information for accuracy;
- (f) inform you about service updates and faults;
- (g) request feedback or participation in on-line surveys;
- (h) resolve disputes;
- (i) verify your identity;
- (j) customize, measure, and improve our website, solutions, products and/or services;
- (k) to improve our search functionality and help you find contacts more easily;
- (l) organise and carry out marketing or promotional operations, offers, contests, games and similar events; and
6. Information Sharing and Disclosure
6.3 Some Hoiio solutions, products and/or services may be co-branded and offered together with or via a partner company. If you register for or use such solutions, products and/or services, you consent to both Hoiio and the partner company’s use of some of the User Information collected in connection with the co-branded product, as necessary. Hoiio may offer its website, solutions, products and/or services in connection with other websites, solutions, products and/or services or may team with other online services to give you the combined results of both solutions, products and/or services or additional solutions, products and/or services and benefits. To determine whether you would benefit from the combined offer, if you have provided your consent, Hoiio may match your email address and/or phone number, and email addresses and/or phone number of your contacts against email addresses and/or phone number you have provided to the third party website/service provider.
6.5 Hoiio may send User Information to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances:
- (a) when we have your consent to share the User Information;
- (b) we need to share your information to provide the solutions, products and/or services that you have requested; and
- (c) we need to send the User Information to third parties who on behalf of Hoiio provide solutions, products and/or services to you (we will only provide such third parties the relevant information required for the delivery of the solutions, productions and/or services, and the third parties are prohibited from using such User Information for any other purpose).
6.6 Hoiio considers any and all messages transmitted via our webpages, solutions, products and/or services to be private communication between our customer and the recipient. You agree that Hoiio may monitor, edit or disclose the content of our customer’s private communications, and/or disclose User Information to third parties:
- (a) as required by applicable laws, to comply with legal process or by the order of competent authorities;
- (c) to respond to legal claims that the customer violated the rights of third parties; or
- (d) to protect the safety, interests, rights or property of Hoiio or others.
6.8 We also may use User Information to keep you updated on our latest solutions, products and/or services announcements, software updates and special offers or other information you may be interested to hear about from us unless you have opted out of these types of communications.
6.9 As Hoiio continues to develop its business, Hoiio may sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions as well as in the event that all or substantially all of Hoiio’s assets are acquired by a third party, User Information of Hoiio users will generally be one of the transferred business assets. We reserve the right to include User Information, collected as an asset, in any such transfer to a third party.
7. Data Security
7.1 Hoiio account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. Hoiio has implemented reasonable security policies, rules and technical measures to safeguard the security of User Information and the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. While Hoiio strives to protect User Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
7.2 You undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorized person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorized transactions have taken place. Hoiio is not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorized and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
8. Anti-Spyware Policy
8.1 Hoiio believes that spyware is a threat to customer privacy and a customer's experience online.
8.2 Spyware refers to any executable software application that is installed on a user's personal computer and covertly gathers and transmits User Information through the user's Internet connection without the knowledge or consent of the user. Cookies and web beacons are not considered spyware. Spyware may gather User Information, such as e-mail addresses and credit card information, and may even alter personal computer settings.
8.3 Intentional use of spyware by any Hoiio employee, agent, partner, or affiliate on Hoiio's behalf will not be tolerated and will be considered grounds for dismissal, contract termination, and/or loss of payment.
9. Anti-Spam Policy
9.1 Hoiio has zero tolerance for spam. If you receive spam messages and want to report it to Hoiio, please forward the message you have received to email@example.com.
10. Third Party Sites
10.1 Hoiio's website may contain links to other web sites operated by third parties.
10.3 Hoiio will not be responsible for your actions or omissions on third party websites including without limitation your violation of any privacy policies of the third party website.
11. Contacting You
11.2 Hoiio may occasionally ask you to provide information on your experiences with our solutions, products and/or services. Any such feedback will always be voluntary and will be used only for the purposes of measuring and improving the quality of our solutions, products and/or services and not stored as User Information or combined with other User Information.